Jan 13, 2010

Korean food : 김밥 (kimbab)

Korean food is very rich and a little strange for me, and I must confess that when I first arrived here I could not digest it or tolerate its spicy taste. But now my taste has changed! ^^

On this occasion I want to introduce you to the Kimbap (김밥).

Ta-ta-taaaan (drum-rolls):



Kimbap translated to English means "dried seaweed roll". It's a roll made of sea weed, which makes the cover as shown in the photo. The roll is made of rice which is stuffed with several ingredients. In this case this roll is made of tuna fish. But you can find them in different flavors, beef, chicken, and the ever-present kimchi (김지). Other ingredients are radish, cucumber, carrot and egg, among others. The kimbap is a very cheap option for lunch and very filling!!!

If you've never had a Kimbap before maybe you can try and make one yourself:



If you make one, let me know how you like it! ^^



No comments: