Mar 6, 2010

Seoul Metro

Korea's city, Seoul, is a big one! I can't imagine travelling in the city without it's Metro system. The Seoul Metro system has 9 lines, as of now, and more will be added soon. If you are ever in Seoul you can be confident that you will not get lost in the subway system.

It is very EASY to learn how to ride it!

Here are some guidelines from my own experience:

How to ride the subway

(Bear in mind that this is only for routes inside Seoul city. If you want to go outside Seoul you will need to take another kind of transportation, like the bus)

1. First of all you will need a map of the subway system. Don't be scared of the spider web! With your map find out where you are and where you want to go. Let's say you are in Ewha Womans University (이대) and you want to go to Gangnam(강남). Find both places in the map. In this case both are in the green line or Line 2. Now you know which Line you need to ride, and in this case no need to transfer between lines!



2. Next, you need to pay ofcourse :) You have many options to pay for your ride. There are transportation cards such as U-pass, T-Money which you can charge with money at the subway station in ATM-like machines. These machines explain the procedures in both English and Korean. Other cards are reusable which you can return after you arrive and they refund you 500 won included in the price of the ticket.


3. With your card go to the corresponding turnstile in the direction you are headed. Follow the signs and you'll soon be on the platform waiting for your train! ^^

In case you got lost, don't worry! there are many workers who can direct you on the right way. They are very helpful and kind with foreigners :)

There are other features of the Seoul Metro. It's very clean, even though there are millions of people riding it each day. Everything is well-lit and signs in different languages: Korean, English, Chinese.

Here is a short video of the subway station Line 2. Enjoy the ride !!


3 comments:

jinhee kim said...

Hello, I'm Kim Jin-Hee and I am a script writer at Arirang TV.

We are looking for someone to join us on our new program called and we would like to have you parcipate on our show!

Our program features information on Korean culture and more seen through the eyes of foreign residents living in Korea.

The program is 5 minutes long. It will be a great opportunity to create some fun memories of your life in Kores.

And this is home page
: http://www.arirang.co.kr/TV2/Today_Blog.asp?sys_lang=Eng

My phone number is 010-4546-7696. but I can't speak english very well. Please leave your message. :-) And my e-mail address is kjh880315@naver.com

And I have some questions.

Q. Can you please introduce yourself? (nationality, age, job, current neighborhood)
** I'm searching blogger in Seoul or Gyeng-gi-do.
So you are not live in Seoul or Gyeng-gi-do, Please another blogger. :-)
Q. You write about all kinds of topics on your blog. Which area are you particularly interested in?
Q. Which place in Korea impressed you most?
Q. Let us know when you're available for filming day. (weekday and weekend)

I will be thrilled to hear from you.

p.s. : Let us know your cell-phone number. :-)

sabrinamm said...

Dear Kim Jin-Hee,

I just discovered your comment in my blog.

It had been a while I didn't log there, and the blog set your message as spam. I'm so sorry about that, but I really appreciate you contacting me.

As of now I'm no longer living in Korea, I'm back to my home country, but I'd really love to go back to Korea sometime :)

If you still need my help, please let me know I'd be happy to help you. Thank you so much for your interest in my blog and I'm really sorry about taking so long to answer!

aurogra reviews said...

Metolar XR 50mg Capsule is a beta-blocker prescription utilized in managing hypertension, angina pectoris, and congestive heart disappointment. It might likewise be used for the prophylaxis of headaches. This medication isn't suggested for use in pediatrics except if recommended by your doctor.